Jay W. Phillips
BCOMM (Bachelor of Commerce)
- Currently in progress, will be completed in 2013.
- Educated in the areas of marketing, financial budgeting, risk management and strategic planning.
- Developed and planned business solutions through statistical analysis and case studies.
- Exhibited strong communication and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated a strong work ethic and leadership, possesses a results orientation.
Chief Technology Officer
Specialize in cloud deployments, messaging, voice & storage solutions.
Messaging & Storage Technologies:
- Blackberry Enterprise Server
- IBM Lotus Domino
- Microsoft Exchange
- PHP & MySQL
Senior Technical Analyst
- Provided end-user support to clients for all hardware, software, network and application needs.
- Participated in the day-to-day technical operations to provide a total quality (TQM) service delivery.
- Maintained privacy and security standards working in a healthcare and public service environment.
- Identified and documented end user requirements through analysis resolving bugs, deficiencies, outages and system problems.
- Motivated team members to increase cooperation and productivity.
- Experienced in negotiation and conflict resolutions with end users and external clients.
- Provided training and updated procedures in knowledge-bases to improve current and new team member’s response times.
- Operated in team environment, liaising with support teams and management from Work Place Safety and
- Responsible for accounts: Insurance Board (WSIB), Mount Sinai New York, NYU Langone Medical Center, Manitoba Telecom (MTS Allstream), Manitoba Government, Government of Alberta, Jones Lang LaSalle.
- Provided expertise to assure effective use of techniques, standards, documentation and performance criteria required are used for ensuring quality control.
- Completed on-call and overtime support services, including weekends and holidays.
- Executed principles of business management, data and process modeling, business design, systems analysis, design and development, and related methods.
- Cumulative 12 months help desk experience (multiple contract periods), supporting approx. 400 users
- Supported system operations in backup, infrastructure, storage, communication, and security.
- Maintained company LDAP directories by resetting passwords and changing user criteria/permissions (Active Directory, eDirectory)
- Documented and defined support processes for supporting departmental tasks.
- Facilitated in backup, repairs and configurations of PC hardware, printers, and other peripherals.
- Assisted in IMAC lifecycle process for desktop refresh projects and replacement of backup tapes.